Saturday, March 5, 2011

It's Over

(Just a quick side note, yeah I shouldn't have ordered iced mocha at night eeeeeh)

I wanted to post about stuff like this yesterday, but of course, laziness prevailed and I ended up sleeping. But since I have sufficient amount of caffeine in me and I feel completely awake at this late hour why not blog?

Yesterday I was feeling scared about my results. I started worrying about what almost every other kid in my situation was worrying about- results. And of course, I started thinking about the worse case scenario for it which is basically what happened if I got bad results. Of course I started thinking about ways to kill myself but then I thought, my grades don't define my future.

True, we now live in a generation, especially in a country like Singapore, where it seems like results define who we are. Get bad grades= you suck, get good grades= well, good grades. But then I thought, no I definitely do not suck. Then I started thinking about what I could do.

First of all, one option of mine was to take SATS and see where they take me. Try for a Uni. Take a break year, retake Alevels, see if I can go overseas to study, work part time to pay for it. Secondly was to continue piano, become a piano teacher. Follow in my mother's footsteps and be a flight attendant. Third was to hope that everything went right.

My heart broke today for my best friends. But what I want them to know is that results aren't everything and there's always a way to pull through. You're not useless, not stupid, and you definitely don't deserve it. In other words to be clichéd, When there's a Will, there is a Way.

So go ahead and cry today, or even tomorrow, but always remember that there's more to you than that. Please just keep trying and don't give up. I know if the opposite had happened you'll tell me the same thing too.


No comments:

Post a Comment